Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation (NLC) is committed to protecting the privacy of its visitors and the confidentiality of their personal information.
NLC only gathers personal information, such as name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, personal opinions etc. when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. This information is collected under the authority of section 61(c) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy (ATIPP) Act, 2015. The purposes for which your information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the information is collected. Personal information collected by NLC is protected under the ATIPP Act. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact NLC’s ATIPP Coordinator at (709) 724-1159.
NLC uses personal information about you and your use of NLC websites for various purposes, including the following:
- to process, verify, and deliver your orders;
- to administer the AIR MILES® Rewards Program including the awarding of reward miles to customers for purchases;
- to create aggregated information that does not allow you to be personally identified or contacted;
- to track and analyze trends and patterns;
- to better understand your product preferences
- to conduct and administer surveys, contests, draws and raffles;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to send communications, including promotional campaigns informing you about products and/or services;
- to tailor our online content or in-store offerings to you based on your interactions with us and your preferences
There are two ways in which a visitor may submit personal information:
- In various areas of the website, NLC provides visitors with opportunities to contact us via e-mail to ask questions, provide comments or offer suggestions.
- Forms may be available that provide the visitor an opportunity to join a mail list, apply for a position, apply for a license, make a payment, etc. As part of the form(s), a visitor could be asked to provide a name, contact information, credit card information, etc.
This information is used to respond to requests and verify submissions to NLC and will not be published without your explicit permission. In addition, your private information will not be sold, rented, leased, or disclosed in any manner to any person without your prior consent, unless otherwise required by law.
Links to other websites
Please be advised that in certain cases communication may be handled by third parties such as Bambora or Constant Contact on behalf of NLC to assist with online payments and enquiries. The privacy notices for these companies are identified below. Please note, however, that not all provisions in these notices are applicable to NLC. The NLC has worked closely with these companies to ensure that safeguard measures are in place to protect your privacy.
NLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of any website that a visitor may access through this website via links. NLC has no control over these websites and does not approve their content. NLC does not guarantee the accuracy of any information that may be provided on these other websites. NLC expressly disclaims all liability of any kind arising out of use of, reference to, or reliance on information contained on these linked websites. NLC's website is not an endorsement of the services or products found on linked websites.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Most web browsers accept cookies by default. If preferred, you can set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. For information about disabling flash cookies, see ADOBE FLASHPLAYER SECURITY. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.