Liquor Express Opportunities
The Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation is a provincial Crown Corporation responsible for managing the sale and distribution of beverage alcohol within the province. The Corporation’s distribution network includes a central warehouse, twenty-eight branch stores and over one hundred forty-four express locations.
The Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation invites applications for a Liquor Express in the following locations:
|Liquor Express categories are minimum requirements for specific locations. Please review the table below for an overview.
|Route 204 from TCH to Southport.
||November 12th, 2019
|| Category D
||November 20th, 2019
|| Category D
Applications for a Liquor Express may be submitted to Donna Hudson at our Head Office:
90 Kenmount Road, St. John's
LE Category Types
||Annual Sales Range
||$500,000 - $749,999
||$250,000 - $499,999
In awarding Liquor Expresses (LE) to proponents the NLC:
- Will generally not permit a LE to be established in motels, hotels, restaurants, licensed establishments; and
- Will generally award LEs to person(s) with an already existing retail type business(es).
It is important that the application is completed in full and returned to the attention of Donna Hudson by the deadline indicated (end of business day)
- A "Personal History Report - Section B" must be completed for each applicant listed
- A "Police Clearance Authorization" form must be completed for each applicant listed
- Please ensure fax numbers are provided in the application as requested in the various sections
- It is the responsibility of the applicant(s) to have the business references complete the form included in Appendix A and submit with the application. If there is no credit history to reference, please indicate that information in the application
- In regards to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) comfort letter requested, only the reply back from the CRA needs to be forwarded to the NLC. NLC does not need a copy of the request form initially sent to the CRA but it would be appreciated if you could indicate in the application the date this form was sent. We understand this can take time and this form can only be sent in once it is received back.
Applications sent after the closing date will not qualify.
Please note missing and insufficient information can cause delays with processing your submission and can affect the overall eligibility.
Applications can be submitted in a number of ways and should be marked to the attention of Donna Hudson. Applications can be scanned, faxed or mailed back. If an application is mailed, it should be dated by or before the deadline date. Applications can also be dropped off to Reception on the second floor of the main office at 90 Kenmount Road in St. John’s, NL...