Career OpportunityWarehouse Person
Temporary On-Call Position
Main Distribution Center, St. John’s
C1140-19 WHP (E)
As a member of the Warehouse team, this position is responsible for the following:
- Assembles product to fulfill customer orders using RF Handhelds and electric pallet jacks;
- Unloads product from trucks and receives into warehouse;
- Unpacks and checks product for breakage and quantity;
- Moves inventory in palletized quantities using electric forklift and safely stores in designated warehouse racking;
- Assists in taking physical inventories of stock;
- Performs pre-use inspections on all equipment and performs minor maintenance;
- Other related duties
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- High School Graduation;
- 19 years of age or older;
- Must be physically able to perform the duties required (Physical capability testing may be required);
- At least one-year experience in a fast paced large warehouse, working within strict time demands;
- At least one-year experience in the operation of a forklift with associated certification and at least one-year experience in the operation of electric pallet jacks;
- Experience with handheld radio frequency technologies for shipping, receiving and inventory purposes would be an asset;
- Knowledge of applicable Occupational Health and Safety regulations, laws and codes;
- Or any combination of training and experience acceptable to the Corporation.
Availability for call in shifts for the operational hours of 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, is a requirement.
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce.
Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities (differing abilities) are available on request.
Salary: CG 22 - $19.58 per hour
Please send a resume by Friday, September 27, 2019 to:
Recruitment Administrator, Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: email@example.com
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
> Back to Career List