Career OpportunityStore Manager
St. John's Competition No.
C102517 M (E)
As a management team leader, this exciting opportunity requires a dynamic individual whose responsibilities will include the following:
- Provides direct coaching and mentoring to Assistant Managers to ensure the store operates in an efficient and effective manner in accordance with established policies and procedures within the regulatory framework of the Corporation;
- Achieves store specific budget;
- Ensures all staff provide customer service excellence;
- Ensures maximum effectiveness of marketing programs designed to increase sales by assuring adequate inventory levels and timely implementation;
- Develops a working environment that promotes productivity and efficiency through appropriate Human Resources practices including training, development and performance management initiatives;
- Controls cost through effective inventory and cash management by implementing established accounting and administrative practices including training, development and performance management initiatives;
- Facilitates the exchange of information by maintaining effective liaisons with the general public, internal departments and the Regional Manager;
- Provides an effective Health and Safety environment for customers and staff in accordance with government legislation through formal inspections of premises and equipment and taking action on identified issues including repairs and maintenance concerns;
- Ensures that Occupational Health and Safety laws, codes and regulations are adhered to in their area of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Graduation from a recognized Business Diploma program supplemented by other related post-secondary education;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the retail industry, including at least 3 year in a supervisory position;
- Well-developed leadership, business management, and organizational skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong sales background and cost control capacity;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, problem solve, and execute decisions and strategic initiatives;
- Working knowledge of standard business and point of sale computer software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook - proficiency testing may be required);
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset;
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
Salary: In accordance with management salary scales
Please send a resume by Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Selection, Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: email@example.com
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.