Career OpportunityQuality Control Specialist
Rock Spirits Manufacturing Division
Competition No. C100219 QCTC(E)
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager of Rock Spirits, this position is responsible for the following:
- Inspects analyzes and documents Rock Spirits products and processes;
- Assists the QC Manager with the development and implementation of quality management and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policies and procedures for all areas of the bottling plant including analytical lab, blending and packaging;
- Inspects raw materials including bulk alcohol, blending water, glass and plastic bottles, closures, cartons, labels, etc. for quality;
- Performs physical, sensory, analytical and microbiological tests stipulated by internal policy, contract and franchise bottling principles to ensure specifications and government legislated standards are met;
- Tracks, investigates, analyzes, and follows up on consumer complaints.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a university degree in Technology or Science complemented by a Food Technology Diploma or an Advanced Food Safety Diploma from a recognized technical college;
- Experience working in a laboratory environment;
- Knowledge of related Acts and Regulations such as Liquor Control Act, Food and Drug Act and Regulations, Customs and Excise Act, Consumer and Corporate Affairs Labeling Regulations, Weights and Measures Act and Provincial Liquor Board Regulations;
- Highly developed organizational skills;
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and judgment skills;
- Experience in a food packaging / quality control environment would be an asset.
Salary: In accordance with NLC salary scales
Please send a resume by Monday, January 21st, 2019 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Selection, Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: email@example.com
Please state Competition Number on resume.
Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC.
Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Careers