Career OpportunityLiquor Establishment Inspector
Regulatory Services - Clarenville
C103417 LEI (E)
As a member of the Regulatory Services Department, this is a uniformed position accountable for the following:
- Inspects, evaluates and recommends for licensing, all premises involved in the sale and distribution of alcohol;
- Investigates complaints and/or potential contraventions of the Liquor Control Act, Liquor Licensing Regulations and the Smoke Free Environment Act;
- Imposes sanctions on licensees as required;
- Provides expert advice and guidance to licensees and staff regarding regulations and responsibilities;
- Liaises with licensees, the general public, Office of the Fire Commissioner, RNC or RCMP as appropriate;
- Administers and regulates the Provincial Liquor Control Act, Smoke Free Environment Act & Regulations and Liquor Licensing Regulations;
- Conducts case and witness preparation, disclosure packages and provides evidence at trials, inquiries, hearing, inquests and commissions.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary institution in the field of Law Enforcement, Criminology, Police Studies or Law. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum four to five (4-5) years experience in the field of Law Enforcement or Regulatory Compliance with a strong background in investigations;
- Must be physically able to perform the duties required of the position. Physical capability testing will be required;
- Expert knowledge of Provincial Liquor Control Act, Liquor Licensing Regulations, Liquor Corporation Act and Smoke Free Environment Act and regulations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (proficiency testing may be required);
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is highly motivated, possessing excellent problem solving abilities, interpersonal and communication skills, and is able to work independently and as a member of a results oriented team.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must provide a driver’s abstract;
- Depending on operational requirements, hours of work may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary: CG 33 ($50,687.00 - $56,383.60 annually)
Please send a resume by Monday, July 24, 2017 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Selection, Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: email@example.com
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.