Liquor Control Inspector
As a member of the Regulatory Services Department, this is a uniformed position accountable for the following:
Regulatory Services, Grand Falls
Competition No. C105315 LEI (E)
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Inspects and evaluates all licensed liquor premises for compliance, complaints and contraventions including identifying and investigating areas of concern;
- Administers and regulates the Provincial Liquor Control Act, Smoke Free Environment Act & Regulations and Liquor Licensing Regulations;
- Conducts case and witness preparation, disclosure packages and provides evidence at trials, inquiries, hearing, inquests and commissions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the field of Law Enforcement or Regulatory Compliance with a strong investigative background;
- Working knowledge of Provincial Liquor Control Act, Liquor Licensing Regulations, Liquor Corporation Act and Smoke Free Act and Regulations;
- Must be physically able to perform the duties required of the position. Physical capability testing will be required;
- Graduation from an accredited post-secondary institution in the field of Law Enforcement, Criminology, Police Studies or Law. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite (proficiency testing may be required);
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is highly motivated, possesses excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities, interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work as a member of a results oriented team.
- Candidates will be asked to supply a driver’s abstract;
- Depending on operational requirements, hours of work may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary: Under Review
Please send a resume by Monday, March 30th, 2015 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Selection,
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: email@example.com
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.