Career OpportunityDirector of Store Operations
Store Operations, Corporate Office
Competition No. C103319 DIRS (E)
The Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation (NLC) is a provincial crown corporation responsible for managing the importation, sale and distribution of beverage alcohol and cannabis within the province. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Store Operations is responsible for the strategic execution, leadership, financial measures, development and support of all activities related to the retailing of beverage alcohol in NLC Corporate and Express retail stores in Newfoundland and Labrador, while enhancing the customer experience in a socially responsible manner.
Key responsibilities include;
- Pursues operational excellence of the Corporate and Express stores by defining, prioritizing and implementing strategic initiatives in support of NLC's business plan;
- Identifies opportunities and leads NLC regional managers and store management team to meet sales targets, manage financial measures and increase shareholder value;
- Motivates direct reports through planning, mentoring, coaching and evaluating to create a performance oriented culture;
- Defines, measures and evaluates the financial targets for NLC Corporate and Express retail operations;
- Ensures the operations of NLC Corporate and Express stores are in compliance with NLC policies, standards and regulatory requirements;
- Develops, reviews and implements operational and administrative policies, processes and procedures that support key initiatives;
- Balances the pursuit of profitability, customer/employee satisfaction and productivity in a socially responsible manner;
- Collaborates with the Human Resources Department to promote harmonious employee relations;
- Ensures communication of cross-functional initiatives by developing and maintaining effective working relationships with other NLC departments;
- Promotes a healthy, safe and respectful workplace culture.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following:
- Graduation from a post-secondary institution with a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a progressively responsible retail management position(s);
- Experience in long-term planning, revenue forecasting, budgeting and performance monitoring;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict management skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the packaged goods industry;
- Knowledge of federal and provincial regulations impacting retail operations including the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Previous experience working in a unionized environment would be an asset, but is not required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce.
Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities (differing abilitities) are available on request.
Salary:In accordance with management salary scales
Please send a resume by Friday March 22, 2019 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment Employee Relations,
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC.
> Back to Career List