Career OpportunityComputer Support Technician
Information Technology Department
Competition No. C113719 PCST (E)
As a member of the IT Department, this position is accountable for the following:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Provides help desk support to all NLC business units including head office, stores, warehouse(s), vendors and suppliers;
- Maintains liaison with users and technical staff to communicate the status of problem to resolution to users in a timely manner;
- Troubleshoots operating problems in both hardware and software, and develops and implements changes to rectify the problems;
- Assists in the implementation, deployment, and maintenance of local and wide area network components (i.e. switches, routers, network IP cameras and network printers), operating systems, applications packages and connections to the network;
- Researches new equipment and applications;
- Communicates with support vendors by placing service calls, co-ordinating the service required, and ensuring its completion;
- Procures requested hardware, software, and services through acquiring quotes, ordering and receiving of items upon approval;
- Provides training to end users on the use of new hardware or software;
- Performs asset inventory reviews and makes recommendations based on findings;
- Sets-up and supports special events including configuring of hardware and software, and physical set-up at event location;
- Performs relocation of equipment;
- Provides support to departmental projects;
- Provides on-site or remote technical support;
- Performs regular security monitoring;
- Participates in an on-call rotation.
- Minimum: 2 Year post-secondary diploma in Information Technology or a computer related field;
- Minimum: 1 to 2 years of experience;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office product suites and other information technology software tools;
- Knowledge of Point-of-sale (POS), iSeries and/or JDA Merchandise Management System (MMS) would be considered an asset;
- Information Technology proficiency testing may be required.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is highly motivated, possessing excellent problem solving abilities, interpersonal and communication skills, and is able to work as a member of a results oriented team.
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce.
Salary: NLC 27: $41,987.40 - $46,464.60 per annum.
Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities (differing abilitities) are available on request.
Please send a resume by Friday, September 6, 2019 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Selection,
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Careers