Career OpportunityBusiness Application Support Analyst
Information Technology Department
Competition No. C109019 SUAN (E)
As a member of the Information Technology team, this position is accountable for the following:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Provide application support in resolving and troubleshooting incidents related to business applications;
- Interact with vendor support teams to resolve software issues in a timely manner;
- Provide direct assistance to users in using and interpreting software tools and products;
- Meet with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements in relation to modifications and enhancements to existing systems;
- Document and communicate to vendor the defined business requirements for software modifications and enhancements;
- Perform installation and maintenance on vendor acquired software solutions;
- Assist with the analysis, design, testing and implementation of client requests related to business applications;
- Action change management policies and procedures when implementing changes to supported applications in a production environment;
- Ensure solutions to reported problems are fully documented and added to the IT Departments Solution Database;
- Analyze and assess dependencies and impacts of proposed changes on existing and planned applications architecture;
- Prepare work estimates, plans, and schedules to accommodate execution and implementation of software changes;
- Contribute to best practice and provide input to policy, standard, and methodology development as required;
- Deliver regular and customised training to teams within the business
- Provide end to end support for production environments including after hours on-call rotation duties.
- Two (2) to Three (3) year specialized post-secondary Diploma in Computer Studies (equivalencies will be considered);
- Four (4) to Five (5) years’ experience in a business application support role;
- Possessing specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications and software;
- Experience and knowledge of business solutions, such as Point of Sale (POS) systems, Customer Relations Management systems, and ERP systems such as Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or JDA MMS would be considered an asset;
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office;
- Experience and knowledge of any the following hardware, software and database technologies would be considered an asset: IBM iSeries, Windows Servers, Citrix, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle;
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize competing requests in a deadline driven environment;
- Desire and drive to acquire and upgrade skills and knowledge of rapidly changing information technology hardware and software;
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities;
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Ability to adapt to change and acquire new skills as required.
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce.
Salary: CG 37 - $62,556.00 - $69,868.50 Annually
Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities (differing abilitities) are available on request.
Please send a resume by Friday, May 31, 2019 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Selection,
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Careers