Accounting ManagerAccounting Manager - Budgeting & Emerging Markets
Temporary Position (Maternity Leave)
Competition No. C109319 ACCM (E)
As a member of the Finance Management Team, key responsibilities may include:
- Ensures financial and operational information is accurate and available on a timely basis for the purposes of financial and management reporting;
- Manages, plans and coordinates NLC’s annual operating & capital budget process in consultation with the Controller;
- Manages the accounting and reporting functions of NLC’s emerging markets;
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and supervises the people and activities of the inventory audit, customs and freight functions within the Finance department;
- Ensures timely and efficient remittance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and reports for duty and excise and Statistics Canada;
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies and procedures that support departmental objectives;
- Reviews and evaluates staff deliverables to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information used for reporting and management purposes;
- Leads a team effectively utilizing human resource management techniques (performance management, leave management, occupational health & safety);
- Acts as liaison with personnel from other NLC departments, Canada Revenue Agency and other government agencies, customers, vendors, internal and external auditors;
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following:
- Professional Accounting Designation;
- Five years of progressively responsible accounting experience in a computerized environment, including managerial experience;
- Strong knowledge of computer systems including various financial accounting systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics);
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Knowledge of legislation including the Newfoundland and Labrador Liquor Control Act, Customs Act, Excise Act, Goods and Services Act and Public Tendering Act;
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and decision making abilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce.
Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities (differing abilitities) are available on
Salary:In accordance with management salary scales
Please send a resume by Monday, May 27, 2019 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Employee Relations
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Careers