Career OpportunityAccounting Clerk I
Competition No. C113619 ACCI (E)
As a member of the Finance Department, this position is responsible for the following:
- Maintain aged receivables trial balance while ensuring that customers are adhering to agreed upon payment terms, follow up on overdue accounts and investigate any unusual items;
- Enter cash receipts, debit and/or credit memos;
- Complete month end procedures including the reconciliation of the accounts receivable sub-ledger to the general ledger and analysis of accounts receivable balances;
- Send and maintain customer statements, maintain a customer database, and address any customer inquires;
- Maintains Cash Receipt Journal;
- Ensures payments are received, recorded and deposited daily;
- Reconciles all petty cash documentation.
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- High School graduation;
- Completion of a recognized accounting diploma from a post-secondary institution;
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible accounting experience in a computerized environment;
- Some experience using the Microsoft Dynamics Financial System;
- Knowledge of MMS, POS systems and Data Warehouse (BI Cube);
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is highly motivated, possesses excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities, interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work as a member of a results oriented team.
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities (differing abilities) are available on request.
Salary:CG 25: $39,184.60 – $43,206.80 per annum
Please send a resume no later than Monday, August 26, 2019 to:
HR Consultant, Recruitment & Selection,
Newfoundland Labrador Liquor Corporation
90 Kenmount Road, P. O. Box 8750, Station A, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V1
Fax: (709) 724-1152, Email: email@example.com
Please state Competition Number on resume.
Proof of education/courses and Certificate of Conduct/Police Clearance must be provided prior to employment with NLC.
Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to Careers